Short on time? Save these Halloween blog post ideas for later!
If you don’t publish these easy blog posts for your niche – you’ll be kicking yourself (And it may haunt you in your sleep) wondering how much better your SEO could be if you had just hit “publish” on your ideas for Halloween!
- Seasonal Content & Search Engine Optimization
- 111+ Halloween Content Ideas for Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Food Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Parenting Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Fitness Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for DIY/Craft Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Personal Finance Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Home & Interior Design Bloggers
- Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Pet Bloggers
- Use These Content Ideas on Your Blog & Social Media
Seasonal Content & Search Engine Optimization
Seasonal content and Search Engine Optimization (SEO) go hand in hand in creating dynamic online strategies that can greatly benefit a website’s visibility and user engagement. Seasonal content refers to information that is specific to certain times of the year, like holidays, festivals, or seasonal promotions. These types of blog posts have the potential to attract and engage a significant audience during specific periods. Integrating it into your SEO strategy can boost your website’s rankings because search engines like Google value engaging, relevant, and timely content. The benefits of SEO are multifaceted and include increased visibility, higher search rankings, and improved website traffic. By marrying seasonal content and SEO, businesses can ensure their content strategy is capturing the moment and maximizing visibility and engagement.
Trust me, I know what I’m talking about here! I’m Mikayla, an SEO strategist for women entrepreneurs, and I spend my days helping my clients optimize their pages for maximum views. I’d love to help you do the same!
Search engines like Google prioritize engagement and relevance when it ranks websites. So putting up relevant holiday content will only help your Google ranking! Capitalizing on seasonal trends – like Halloween costume ideas! – can be an influential strategy to fully utilize the advantages of SEO and keep your content unique and interesting for your audience. Halloween content is the perfect way to share seasonal and fun blogs that your audience will love. Remember, Halloween won’t be around forever, so strike while the iron is hot!
Seasonal or holiday content has the potential to be an incredibly powerful player in your SEO game, and when it comes to tapping into this potential, nothing embodies the spirit quite like Halloween.
The dark allure of the season, with its themed festivities and spine-chilling tales, offers a unique opportunity to engage your audience and drive significant traffic to your site, exponentially increasing your chances of high rankings on Google.
It’s time for you to put on your festive, creative hat and start strategizing about how to get your popular Halloween blog posts to rank on Google. Yes, it’s a competitive race, but who said you couldn’t ace it?
You can identify what Halloween-related terms your audience is searching for through meticulous keyword research and incorporate these into your content strategy.
Whether it’s pumpkin carving hacks, homemade costume ideas, or spooky cocktail recipes, the ball is in your court! You have the power to create blogs that will captivate your audience’s interest while simultaneously targeting those valuable keywords.
Keep reading for a list of Halloween blog ideas!
111+ Halloween Content Ideas for Bloggers
Now, let’s talk about what type of content to post for Halloween. There’s an entire spectrum of possibilities right at your disposal. Original graphic and visual images are important for standing out online, especially in the world of AI.
Think custom imagery, infographics, and videos – these can be incredibly effective in both engaging your audience and signaling quality content to search engines. If you’re a blogger, your posts offer a versatile platform for long-tail keyword targeting, providing great SEO value along with informative, entertaining Halloween posts.
Seasonal information presents ample opportunities to boost your SEO and engage your audience but remember; it’s not just about creating anything; it’s about creating content using the right keywords so you can rank on Google.
I have created blog post ideas for every niche out there – scroll down to find yours. Let’s dive into some fun Halloween ideas to grow your blog this year!
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Food Bloggers
1. 7 Scary Easy Treats
2. Haunting Cocktails & Mocktails
3. 10 Halloween Appetizers – All Made With Pumpkin
4. Graveyard-Themed Desserts
5. How to Make a Creepy Halloween Cake
Quick Tip: You can take this Halloween-themed cake in a lot of different directions! You could create a graveyard cake, a bleeding cake, an illusion cake, or even a cake that looks like your favorite monster. Remember to take lots of photos and videos as you make it so your audience can easily follow along. Ask them to tag you when they share their creations on social media. Reposting their cakes or sharing this blog in your Instagram stories will really help increase your blog traffic.
6. 6 Witches Brew Recipes to Try This Spooky Season
7. Broomsticks, Bats, and Blood: These Halloween Breakfasts are Easy AND Delicious
8. Spiderweb Spun Sugar Tutorial
9. 15 Recipes for Leftover Halloween Candy
10. 7 Dinner Ideas for Before Tick-Or-Treating Begins
11. Cute Halloween Snacks You Need to Try
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Fashion Bloggers
1. Where to Shop for Last Minute Halloween Costumes
2. DIY Halloween Costumes…That Look Totally Luxe
3. Halloween-Themed Accessories and Jewelry
4. Last-Minute Costume Ideas That Will Make You SCREAM
Quick Tip: Try to come up with a range of ideas for different genders and body types. What great, easy costumes could most people manage with household materials and their closets? Think of recognizable characters from movies (like Indiana Jones), books (Dr. Seuss), or pop culture (Olivia Pope from Scandal) to really increase engagement.
5. 5 Easy Celebrities You Can Dress as This Year Without Breaking the Bank
6. Shop Your Closet for Halloween Party Looks: Here’s How!
7. 10 Scary Cute Outfits to Wear if You’re Headed to A Halloween Party
8. Halloween Make-Up Tutorials
9. You Need These Halloween-Themed Dresses
10. Spooky Shoes for the Halloween Season
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Parenting Bloggers
1. Safe Trick-or-Treating Tips
2. DIY Costumes for Kids
3. Halloween Crafts Your Kids Will Love
4. Theme Family Costume Ideas
5. Halloween Classroom Party Games – for All Ages!
Quick Tip: I suggest breaking this post up into sections based on grade groupings. Create 5 – 7 games for each grouping and include a link to a video or other website that explains it fully (if it is complicated). Be sure to provide a list of materials needed for each of the Halloween activities, tips to make playing run smoothly, and the estimated time it will take the kids to play each game.
6. Halloween Classroom Party Snacks (with Allergy-Friendly Options)
7. When Can Your Child Trick-Or-Treat On Their Own?
8. What to Do With All the Halloween Candy Your Kids Bring Home
9. 10 Seriously Cute Halloween Lunch Ideas
10. Scary Good Halloween Costume Hacks
11. Celebrate Halloween With These Family-Friendly Movies
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Beauty Bloggers
1. A Halloween Makeup Tutorial to Get You Ready to Party
2. DIY Pumpkin Face Mask (No, it’s not gross!)
3. Halloween Nail Art Inspiration for Spooky Season
Quick Tip: This Halloween post will utilize a lot of photos from other websites, so make sure you are giving them all credit throughout your blog. Discuss what you like about each piece of nail art you feature and tell your audience how to describe it to their nail technician.
4. Halloween Hair Ideas for the Office
5. Keep Your Halloween Hairdo Fresh All Night
6. The Best Halloween-Themed Beauty Products at Sephora
7. 5 Halloween Eyeshadow Palettes You Need
8. The Best Halloween Beauty Trends
9. Skulls, Zombies, and Pumpkins: Makeup Trends to Try in 2023
10. Halloween Horror Movie Makeup Tutorials
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Travel Bloggers
1. Haunted Destinations to Visit Across the US
2. Best Halloween Parades and Festivities Around the World
3. Spooky Staycation Ideas in [your city]
4. Ghost Tours Around the World
5. 7 Haunted Hotels in the US
6. 10 Ghost Towns You Have to See to Believe
7. Tips for Traveling on a Holiday
8. 9 Halloween Costumes That Fit in Your Luggage
Quick Tip: Many popular costumes are extremely bulky, so this post will be really useful to those traveling over the holiday! Create a list of easily packable costumes and then take photos of each one packed and unpacked. You can even let your readers know which ones will work inside a carry-on or which ones you will be wearing for Halloween this year!
9. How to Find Your Costume By Shopping During a Layover
10. The Best Halloween Movies to Watch on a Plane
11. The Ultimate Halloween Travel Outfit
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Fitness Bloggers
1. Healthy Alternatives to Halloween Candies
2. Halloween-Themed Workout Routines
Quick Tip: This is a fun idea and a chance for you to show your creativity and personality. Start this spooky Halloween blog post by brainstorming a list of all the words you associate with Halloween. Then, brainstorm all the ways each word could be incorporated into a workout or an already established exercise. Build your workout from there, take some photos, and hit publish!
3. Turn Trick-Or-Treating Into A Workout: Here’s How!
4. Is Halloween Candy Really That Bad For You?
5. 10 Healthy Halloween Snacks
6. Best Vegetarian Halloween Dinners
7. Use This Halloween Playlist While Running in 2023
8. My Favorite Horror Movie-Inspired Outdoor Workouts
9. Halloween Exercise: Raking, Walking, and Lifting
10. 5 Best Halloween Peloton Rides
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for DIY/Craft Bloggers
1. DIY Halloween Decorations for the Home
2. Handmade Halloween-Inspired Gifts
3. Upcycling Old Items into Halloween Decor
4. Halloween Crafts for Kids
5. Use Your Yard Scraps to Make This Halloween Wreath
6. 15 Spooky (and Cute!) Lunch Note Templates for Halloween
7. DIY Halloween Candles: Get Your House Smelling Like Fall ASAP!
Quick Tip: Tutorial posts are always popular. Post this as a step-by-step tutorial for your followers, making sure to capture each step on a photo or video (or both!). Sprinkle your tips for making the process easier throughout the post, and end by asking your readers to tag you on social media when they create their own Halloween candles!
8. 10 Easy Halloween Craft Ideas to Make Your Front Porch Pop
9. Organize Your Halloween Candy With This Easy Craft
10. 15 Pumpkin Crafts Your Kids Will Love
11. Tips and Hacks for Pumpkin Carving with Kids
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Personal Finance Bloggers
1. Budget-Friendly Halloween Party Ideas
2. How to Save on Halloween Costumes and Decorations
3. Financial Horror Stories and How to Avoid Them
4. Tips for Overspending on Candies and Treats
Quick Tip: It can be so easy to go over budget – especially when you have no idea how many kids are going to trick or treat at your door! This is a great post to ease your audience’s fears with this post by writing in a calm, conversational tone about how they can recover from overspending. Offer them actionable tips and mantras to repeat as they go through the process of reconciling their budgets.
5. Costumes on a Budget – 7 Tips You Need!
6. Can You Return Unopened Halloween Candy?
7. How to Budget for a Holiday
8. My Favorite Budgeting Tools for Keeping Track of Fun Expenses in 2023
9. What to Do if You Overspend for Halloween
10. The Best Dinner Deals for Halloween
Short on time? Save these Halloween content ideas for later on Pinterest!
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Lifestyle Bloggers
1. New Halloween Books You Need to Read This Season
2. Halloween Traditions From Around the World
3. My Personal / Family Costumes Through the Years
4. Hosting a Sustainable Halloween Party
Quick Tip: For this lifestyle blog, find Halloween decor, plates, and accessories that are sustainable by looking for recycled paper products and DIY decorations you can make using materials you already own. Choose Halloween recipes that require many ingredients you already have. You can even include some sustainable costume ideas or ways to recycle or reuse everything you purchased for the party.
5. 10 Scary Halloween Movies That You Haven’t Seen Yet
6. 15 Awesome Halloween Decorating Ideas
7. What to Do for Halloween if You Hate Dressing Up
8. 5 Tips for Navigating Different Expectations on Halloween
9. How [your heritage] Celebrates Halloween
10. Costumes You Can Make in 10 Minutes or Less
11. Ideas to Help Host a Pumpkin Carving Party
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Home & Interior Design Bloggers
1. Halloween-Themed Home Decor Ideas
2. DIY Spooky Centerpieces for Your Dining Table
3. Transform Your Living Room for a Halloween Movie Night
4. Outdoor Halloween decorations for your front porch
5. Make Your Mantel Creepy for Halloween
Quick Tip: Search for photos of decorated mantels to use in this post. Offer suggestions and tips for decorating, like how many items a mantel should have, how to space them properly, and how to use items you already own to complete your design. Repurpose this post for your social media account and ask your followers to tag you in all their creepy mantel pics!
6. Are Disposable Spiderwebs OK to Use Outdoors?
7. 10 Eco-Friendly Outdoor Decorations
8. Pros and Cons of the Viral 12-Foot Skeleton
9. Do You Have to Decorate for Halloween?
10. Great Ideas for How to Store Large Halloween Decorations
Halloween Blog Post Ideas for Pet Bloggers
1. Safe Halloween Treats for Dogs and Cats
2. DIY Pet Costumes for Halloween
3. How to Keep Pets Calm During Halloween Festivities
4. Hosting a Pet-Friendly Halloween Party
5. Should You Take Your Dog Trick-or-Treating With You?
6. How to Buy a Halloween Costume That’s the Right Size for Your Pet: Tips and Tricks
7. Best Online Pet Costume Shops
Quick Tip: This post will require you to do some research. Do a roundup post of all your favorite pet costume shops – be sure to include large box stores and smaller independent sellers. Link to each (and disclose if any of those are affiliate links!) and provide a picture and price for your favorite costumes for each shop.
8. These 6 Etsy Shops Make Spooky Halloween Toys Your Cat Will Love
9. Organize a Pet Parade for Halloween in 2023
10. What to Do If Your Pet Eats Halloween Candy
11. How to Repurpose Your Pet’s Halloween Costume
Pin these spooky content ideas on Pinterest!
Use These Content Ideas on Your Blog & Social Media
I hope this post inspired you to create some Halloween content! Remember, seasonal content is so important for SEO. Believe it or not, Google knows when you post timely and relevant website information. No matter what type of blog you have, you will benefit from creating posts that revolve around Halloween this season. Start on your content now so you can spend Halloween relaxing!
Are you interested in upping your SEO game but unsure where to start? No worries – helping women entrepreneurs with their SEO strategy is my favorite thing to do! Join my Search Engine Success Lab to learn how to get more clicks – without being tied to social media!
Curious about how well your website is performing with SEO? Download my FREE Website Audit to learn your website’s SEO score!